12.22.2010

Cheers!

Tonight I poured a glass of wine and toasted myself. Listen, since I moved down here I have experienced some severe ups and downs. I have woken up feeling like I made the absolute right decision in moving down here to lovely Maryland. And I have woken up not wanting to get out of bed because I just couldn't imagine facing another day of the biggest mistake of my life. I never knew how I would feel when I opened my eyes. There was no trigger. No rhyme or reason. It just was. But lately, there has been a shift. I am beginning to see what God is doing here.

A. Caleb and I have the most incredible relationship. It is no where near perfect. For instance, tonight I threw toys around his room because he opted for bed at 6:30 pm instead of cleaning his room. But it is awesome. He said recently said to me, "Hey, Mom. We're going to be together forever." And you know what? No matter what, he's exactly right. How lucky am I?

B. I am doing things I would never normally do. I am putting myself out there and meeting people. Doing things. Making friends. And I am loooooving it.

C. I am learning to love the country. I get the allure of farms and cows and fields of nothing but nothing. It's beautiful. (Let me insert, this area is also very built up. So, I get the best of both worlds.) Now I want wide open spaces.

D. I am getting braver. And stronger. And prouder. This is good...this is very good.

I pray this lasts............

I have a feeling there is a whole lot of change coming. A whole lot of good change. If I can just let Him work.... Pray that I do. If there is one thing I learned from moving down here it's this: shut up and let God do.

2 comments: