12.28.2010

SNOW

I have been stuck at my parents' house in Jersey for what has felt like forever. It has been grand! Seriously, it has. No sarcasm there. Well, mostly grand. But I have learned quite a few things during my snow-stay:

Being snowed in has made me fat. All we have in the house are Christmas leftovers. Mix that in with boredom and fatness ensues. Last night I sat down with a beer, pepperoni, chips, Helluva Good dip, and cookies. Why not? But now I am fat.

Dad has been holding out on me. Apparently Midas Touch is like the most awesome of the Dogfish Head beers. Did he tell me? No. But I found out tonight after spending 1.5 hours traveling for what should have taken 5 minutes!!!!! I deserve the MIDAS! Hm. Ok then.

The Guilianna and Bill marathon on Style was awesome. So was the Bridezilla marathon. And How I Met Your Mother. Along the same lines, Brett Favre is ridiculous but SNL skits about him are hilarious. Open-fly Wranglers anyone?

Sadie, the dog, is terrified of snow and it's pretty entertaining.

Caleb, the kid, is not so terrified of snow and it's pretty exhausting.

In fact, Caleb loved the snow so much he was willing to let go of all his little boy pride and wear a hot pink snow suit with hot pink light-up boots. (What? I was unprepared!)

Storm Troopers are the best! (Kept said kid happy for hours while not wearing pink suit and boots.)

When Caleb cries his nose still scrunches up like it did when he was a newborn. It melts me.

My mom and dad are still the best people to be cooped up with. I love feeling like I am home.

That being said, I miss Maryland! And I think that is pretty phenomenal.

I learned a lot about me. I am complex and yet embarrassingly simple. Somehow I will take control of all this crap running inside of me. But I realized today that I have been sad for a very long time and I am done being sad. I don't know if it means anything or will do anything, but I am deciding to not be sad anymore.

And while this is not new knowledge, but just reconfirmed 1000X more:

I HATE SNOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment