6.16.2009

To preface, every night for the past few weeks, Caleb has yelled from his bed his final words of the evening (that is if he goes right to sleep, which is happening less and less these days. Well, nights. Anyway, I digress....). "Good night! Don't let the bed bugs bite! Or the dinosaur come!" Don't ask about the dinosaur. I still don't really know where any of that comes from. It's one of those things I hope he can explain to me when he is older. Or that I will have to ask God when I see Him. I digress again....

This morning Caleb woke up with a huge welt on his forehead. My instinctive Mom reaction: “What happened to your head?!” Caleb’s instinctive child reaction: “Nothin’.” Well, it was somethin’. A spider bite. Two actually, one on top of the other. Add that to his recent bruise above the eye. The poor kid’s face looks unfortunate. Cute. But unfortunate.

“Looks like a spider bit ya, bud.”

He looked at me with his eyes filled with a certain sadness: “I let the bed bugs bite?”

It was one of those moments. You think you can’t love someone more and then he says something like that. Man, he makes me melt.

1 comment: