6.04.2009

My baby

Caleb is going to be 4 in August. That little bit of truth is completely astounding to me. 4 years old. It doesn't seem possible. The past 4 years have been some of the most difficult of my life, but through it all, he has been my everything. That's not to say he never makes me want to rip my hair out and jump out a window sometimes...a lot of times...,but he has one of the biggest hearts that a child can contain. And he is a constant reminder of having faith, pure faith. Faith like a child. I just love that. Aside from all of this wonderfulness, he cracks me up. Seriously. Every day he comes out with something that just makes me laugh. I really wish I was better at writing all of his little -isms down. So, I will try it out here. At least start with these:

To preface, "Boom, Boom, Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas somehow became a favorite of his. It came on the radio and I say, "Hey, Caleb! It's our song." To which he replies, "No, Mommy. This is my song. It is not our song. You cannot sing it. Just me." Ok then. Then, we pull up at our destination and he goes, "We have to wait. The song is not over. Stay in the car. Ooooookaaaaaaaay?" Uh...ok. Whoops, the volume turned all the way down, and oh no!, I can't fix it. Sorry. No more, "Boom, Boom, Pow." ---I was late for work. And he forbade me from singing the song! Maybe if I could sing too I would be more willing to let it play out. Just saying.

Just this evening we were playing and he climbed on my back. He never does this, but I suppose a weekend with Daddy has reminded him that it's fun to try to knock down grown-ups. I decide a horsey-back ride would be fun, but too soon realize it was not so much fun and stopped. He goes, "Give it up, Mommy!"
"It's giddy up."
"Oh. Gid it up!" Close enough.

2 comments: